Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LACMA.

a couple of weekends ago, miss brittany and i took a quick trip to LACMA.
there are a couple of INCREDIBLE exhibits right now.

. john singleton copley, watson and the shark .

there is an incredible american stories exhibit.
i took an american humanities class in college and it was so
great to see so many of the paintings that i had studied in college.
so so SO exciting!

. pierre-auguste renoir, gabrielle with a rose .

the renoir exhibit was to DIE for! it showcased a lot of renoir's
post-impressionism paintings that were a nod to a more classical style.
the paintings were GORGEOUS and i learned so much about renoir!

after the museum, i forced brittany into
an impromptu photo shoot. she's a sassy little miss.

before we headed home, we made a stop at an
excavation site at the la brea tar pits. FOSSILS, people!
kinda random. kinda fun. all in all, a good day.

2 comments:

Brittany Stiles said...

I have officially arrived! I made your blog...and you made my day. Thanks again for picking me up at the airport and for introducting me to your friend Tito. xoxo

Melissa said...

You guys have so much fun! I love LACMA. My hub's company does printing for them. About 10 years ago, I got VIP passes to the Van Gough exhibit. More recently we got them for the King Tut exhibit. I didn't learn until years later that my HP English class my senior year of high school, which is where I learned to love art and classical music, poetry, etc., was designed as a HUMANITIES class. I would have so enjoyed being a Humanities major. I may just go back to school one day just because. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails