Sunday, September 26, 2010

waiting for superman.

catching up on oprah again.
education in america. scary.
have you heard about/seen this film?
discuss.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have heard. I want to see it, but it makes me nervous. I am on one hand disgusted by what I have witnessed in our educational system. On the other hand, I was one of those teachers who gave my ALL when I was teaching. It was during that period when the voucher system was becoming possible and the public wanted us to "work" to keep our jobs. It was insulting to myself and my colleagues because we already worked so hard. I see the flaws. It's not necessarily the "bad apples" alone. The administration and those in government who sit and plan for education have to answer for their actions. Poor working environments such as lack of air conditioning, crowded classrooms, limited materials, low salaries--there are so many things wrong. As long as this film doesn't just go after teachers, I'll be okay with it. We need reform, but we need to go after the the root of the problems. I'm sure I'll have more to say after I've seen it. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails