Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Passion For the Arts

You know what I love the most about living in Southern California? There is always SOME great experience just waiting around the corner. I mean, not to rub it in or anything but life is so great!
Angel and I went to Pageant of the Masters this weekend. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best. Okay, here goes. Basically, it's a HUGE undertaking but the artists take real people and paint them to look like 2-dimensional paintings or sculptures (obviously 3-D). It's really amazing. For example, they recreated the Trevi Fountain this year. It was incredible! They also did a few John Singer Sargent paintings. Oh, and the tradition is to do DaVinci's "The Last Supper" as the finale. It's truly amazing. I know I'm totally NOT doing it justice so go to their website - www.foapom.com. Even the website can't really do it justice but it's the best that can be done short of experiencing it yourself. So, if you're ever in Laguna Beach while Pageant of the Masters is going on, you need to make sure and get to the show.

1 comment:

B said...

The only reason that I am not so jealous is well....I have been to and seen both the original of Trevi Fountain and The Last Supper in Italy! Now you can hate me....just kidding....remember how we are going to Europe next year and you will get to see them too! Love you girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails