today i realized that i live for the weekends. wait, let me restate that. i've always known that i live for the weekends, but today i realized that my obsession with "making it" to the weekend permeates every aspect of my weekday experience. i'm never satisfied with the weekday because i know that the weekend is coming up. and i spend all week wishing the days away in anticipation of the weekend. it's terrible. although, i shouldn't say i'm wishing the week away. 'cause by "wishing" i mean that i'm running from church meetings to class to church meetings to random errands...to...to...to...you get the point. anyway, what kind of life is a life that discounts 5/7 of the week? no life at all, i tell you. so, in a quest for a happier life, i'm going to make more of an effort to enjoy the weekdays. yes, it is a herculean task, but i'm up for the challenge.
viva le weekday!
in other news, we had a wack-o earthquake today. 5.8 they tell me. whoever they are. and whatever 5.8 means. all i know is that men in my office that are normally very self-possessed had looks of abject panic on their faces as they scrambled for the nearest door jamb in our swaying building. good times, indeed. i heart california.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love it. I totally agree. So my questions is....how do you do it? Haha. I work every Saturday and have Sun/Mon off, and I find myself dreading Tuesdays and counting down to Saturday evenings. Tell me how you enjoy each week day, because I would love, love to be able to do it! Maybe I just need a new perspective and frame of mind, nah...I'd rather copy what you do. :)
Men make me laugh (for more than one reason of course). While living in St. George we had a 6.4 earthquake in the wee hours of the morning. My older sister and I rolled over in our beds and looked across the room at each other and drowsly said, "was that an earthquake?" "I think so." To which we both rolled back over and went back to sleep. Only later that morning to find out that the whole Dixie College Football team ran out of their rooms and my parents had to calm their fears while their own children continued to sleep. It still makes me laugh!
Good job making it through the earthquake with a smile on your face! Good luck with not wishing it was the weekend all week long!
How appropriate that I'm sitting here reading your blog while at work, trying to pass the time until the weekend gets here. I totally hear ya sista! I live for the weekends too. Every morning when that alarm goes off at 5:30 am and I realize I've only had, oh, 5 hours of sleep, I think to myself. You can do. Just make it to the weekend and you can sleep all you want! I need to start enjoying my 5/7 of the week!
Paula how could I possibly forget you!!!??!!!
I am so excited that you found my blog! I had a great time reading yours. I hope you don't mind but I added a link to your blog from mine.
I hope we can keep in better contact this time around.
I feel the exact same way! I totally live for my weekends and at times find myself wishing the time away. (It's horrible!) I am glad to know others feel the EXACT same way.
Post a Comment