Thursday, May 28, 2009

leggings are not pants.

i hate leggings. yes, leggings. that stretchy little fashion faux pas (sorry, american apparel) that seems to be running the streets these days. ew.

i have, on occasion, been found shrieking, "those are not pants!" to many a legging wearing friend. i have photos, but i'll refrain.

granted, there was a time when i was willing to accept that sometimes a dress/tunic/legging combination could be cute. but then girls started abusing the privilege. hemlines got shorter (at CHURCH!), leggings got sparklier and metallic-y. and now all hell's done gone and broke loose. to this i say: leggings as pants? unacceptable. if i wanna see lady bits...wait, that's the whole point. i DON'T wanna see your lady bits. so put some pants on, sister!

i will forever be grateful to my beloved peanut for sending this tidbit of interweb my way: http://leggingsarenotpants.wordpress.com.

sometimes it's just good to know you're not alone.

***it has come to my attention that this post may be offensive to some. if that is the case, i'll say once and for all, it's not personal. i hate ALL leggings...not just yours. oh and if you're THAT upset about it, you might want to rethink your wardrobe choices. that is all.

4 comments:

Martha O. said...

I'm behind you 100%, Bunny. As my new favorite website says, "If I wanted to see that much, I would buy you a drink first."

me :) said...

I agree. Stacey London has said it as well. I stand with you.

Shauna said...

oh my oh my oh my. i know this post is sooooo old, but paula i love you. I do wear leggings, but only to run. i feel like its acceptable because they are running pants, i mean they have a nike swoosh and everything.

Tori said...

Can't stop laughing! Linked to this after your Harem pants post. Funny girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails