I spent some time be-boppin' (yes, be boppin') around some other blogs and I cannot help but feel that mine is lacking content that would paint an accurate picture of who I really am. On the one hand, this blog is primarily for close friends and family who just want to know the basics. But on the other hand, there is so much more to me than cutesy pictures and play-by-play blogs. I can't decide whether or not I want to use this as more of a creative outlet or not. Perhaps I'll start adding quotes from books I'm reading or pictures of paintings I think are fantastic. Let's just go from there. One thing I do know is that I have a hard time "lettin' it all hang out" to millions (hypothetically, of course...i don't think more than 5 or 6 people have ever seen this blog). And, to be honest, I'm not one to sit around pensively and struggle to know the mysteries of the earth. Don't get me wrong...I can certainly APPRECIATE the mysteries but it's not something that weighs upon my mind every second of everyday. Does that make me sound shallow and undeveloped? So be it. We'll see how it goes.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Blog Content
I spent some time be-boppin' (yes, be boppin') around some other blogs and I cannot help but feel that mine is lacking content that would paint an accurate picture of who I really am. On the one hand, this blog is primarily for close friends and family who just want to know the basics. But on the other hand, there is so much more to me than cutesy pictures and play-by-play blogs. I can't decide whether or not I want to use this as more of a creative outlet or not. Perhaps I'll start adding quotes from books I'm reading or pictures of paintings I think are fantastic. Let's just go from there. One thing I do know is that I have a hard time "lettin' it all hang out" to millions (hypothetically, of course...i don't think more than 5 or 6 people have ever seen this blog). And, to be honest, I'm not one to sit around pensively and struggle to know the mysteries of the earth. Don't get me wrong...I can certainly APPRECIATE the mysteries but it's not something that weighs upon my mind every second of everyday. Does that make me sound shallow and undeveloped? So be it. We'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
can I get a witness? just becuase you deal with the heavy stuff on your own terms doesn't make you shallow. Moderation in all things. There is a time to be serious and a time to laugh at yourself...and the more laughing the better becuase it just makes the serious times easier to manage. There are big mysteries to uncover and that will come with time...but there are little mysteries too...ones you might miss if you are so wrapped up in deep thoughts. Unless they are deep thoughts by Jack Handy. Those are keepers.
Post a Comment