Monday, August 07, 2006

Fabric Junkie

Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm domestic and can actually make stuff that is useful in everyday life. One time, I bought a dress pattern and fabric to make the dress. I think I got through the bodice and it was all downhill after that. The fabric is still wadded up in a bag by my roommate's sewing machine. Good times, good times. My one claim to success is this super easy bag pattern that Angel found. I've made a gamillion (okay, okay...maybe only 5) of the bags and I love giving them as gifts. And, I daresay, people love recieving them!
This weekend Angel, Martha and I went to the Fabric District in LA. It was my second experience but it was just as completely overwhelming as it was the first time. I mean, we're talkin' bolts and bolts of every kind of fabric you could possibly think of...all in one ginormous room. Craziness. Anyway, I found some super cute stuff for a new bag pattern that I'm pretty psyched about. We'll see how it goes. The same day, Tall Mouse (a hoity-toity crafts store near my apartment) was having a 40% off sale on everything in the store so I bought, you guessed it, more fabric and some sewing scissors. But it gets worse, I went to Joann's Fabric the other day at lunch armed with a 40% off coupon and a picture of the world's most fabulous sewing scissors in my head. They didn't have the scissors but they DID have bolts and bolts of the most awesome clearance fabric. Naturally, I bought some and now I've got three more sewing projects! Bring 'em on! If this doesn't domesticate me (what am I, a wild animal?) then I don't know what will. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

B said...

Good luck! I have a sewing machine, however I only use it to edge quilts. I let my mom do the heavy duty stuff.

Domestic Goddess said...

Please please please take me there! It would be a little bit of heaven for me! I have an insane collection of fabric. It is really quite sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails