Monday, August 08, 2005

To Say or Not to Say

Kim is going to move into our apartment! Clap, clap, clap! Yay! I love you, Kim...wherever you are! Kim's moving in so we can stay in our apartment through at least November. I don't think it's the best situation, per se, since it's just delaying the inevitable...but it'll be nice to push that stress back for a bit longer. Granted, the decisions have been made and the lease is more or less signed, sealed and delivered...but I've learned a thing or two during this little escapade.
This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
William Shakespeare, "Hamlet"
Since moving down here, I've really developed a more real sense of independence but I still allow my fear of people's reactions to my decisions color the decisions themselves. It's really too bad but I'm getting closer and closer to really becoming my own person and allowing myself to be in a position to be the best woman that I can be. I'm learning what environments I am happiest in and I am learning how to create those environments. At the risk of sounding VERY cheezy...it's very liberating to know that I am in absolute control of my own happiness. My happiness or lack thereof is my own fault. Either way. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails