Monday, June 12, 2006

The Getty

On Friday, Angel and I went to The J. Paul Getty Museum in LA. It was AWESOME! It was really great to be back in a museum around so many beautiful works of art. The Getty has quite a broad collection. Seriously, they've got something for everyone - Rodin, Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir - gang's all there. In fact, we caught the tail end of one of the tours and we happened upon Van Gogh's "Irises" and overheard the tourguide telling the people that The Getty Institute acquired the piece in 1989 for the bargain price of 50 million dollars. That's right, 50 MILLION DOLLARS! All I have to say is, I'd like the kind of financial backing The Getty is getting. I can't even imagine having that kind of money to burn. All in the name of the arts, I guess.
The Getty has gardens, too. They're awesome. There's a really neat abstract cluster of bushes in the middle of a pond - it's pretty cool. It's like a jetty at the Getty!
The weather was so beautiful so The Getty was at it's best! It's really open and airy so good weather days make it unbelievably enjoyable. There were clear skies out across Los Angeles, too. Amazing. All in all, a perfect day.
Bottom line, if you haven't been to The Getty, you'd better getty there!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Aw man, there you go again... :)

Unknown said...

C'mon, can you blame me? If you were here, I'd be draggin' you along with me.
Would it make you feel better if I told you that we're going to Les Mis on Thursday?

Domestic Goddess said...

Ew! Is your goal t make all of us in Utah extremely jealous?

Related Posts with Thumbnails