Tuesday, June 20, 2006

White Pants

So, I've got this thing about birthdays. I think that when it's your birthday, you can wear whatever the heck you want. I mean it - ANYTHING! Stripes with plaids, polka dots and...well, what doesn't go with polka dots?! Anyway, you get the picture. For example, last year, at my birthday party, I wore a black and silver feather boa and a red John Mayer trucker hat. Now THAT was a great outfit. Today, I'm wearing white linen pants. Forget that it's completely unrealistic to expect me to stay clean on any given day at the office but that goes double when I'm wearing white. And white pants? Oh, boy. Bring on the stains. And let's not forget that it's not even officially summer yet (I think the first day of summer is tomorrow) and isnt' there some sort of rule about that? Or is it for shoes? Either way, I'm wearin' white pants today and I'm lovin' every minute of it! Wanna know why? 'Cause it's my birthday and I can do what I want, dang it!
Cheers, mates. Thanks for all the cards and well-wishing. My peeps rock. That's all there is to it.
P.S. My best present so far came from my sister-in-law at 12:33am ET. A baby girl! Yep, that's right. Lillian Hope Davis was born on MY birthday! It's pretty much the best present ever! Yay for babies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails