Friday, June 16, 2006

Les Miserables

'Nuff said, right? I think so.
Okay, okay, I'll tell you all about it. But, just so you know, my purposes are completely selfish - I just want someone to gush to! And you, dear reader, are the lucky winner!
That said, my whole life, people have told me how phenomenal Les Miserables is on stage. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about it. Everyone loves it. As a matter of fact, a guy I know that doesn't like anything said that he liked Les Mis. Crazy, know. Anyway, so blah-blah-blah, people think it's great. But you know how someone talks up a movie too much and then you go in half-expecting to be completely disappointed? Well, that's sort of how I was feeling. Angel and I were late (common occurance) and we missed the first act so I was kind of thrown right into the middle of it. Which, really, wasn't that big of a deal because I was familiar with the story. ANYWAY (this story is getting WAY too long), the first bit was good but I wasn't really moved, per se. All that changed in the second act. Let it suffice to say that I was bawling like a single woman watching Sleepless in Seattle. Yep, it's true. I was trying to hide it from Angel but the tears were comin' all the same. I couldn't talk for about 30 minutes after the show 'cause I'd get all choked up when I tried to talk about it. Bottom line, I saw Les Mis and now I'm a believer. It's beautiful. I just love that it's about love and forgiveness and mercy and relationships. It's just sweet and beautiful. Oh, it's beautiful. I'm seriously gettin' teary just bloggin' about it. It's nice to experience something that moves you so deeply every once in awhile. Things like that don't come along very often these days.
I think the show is going to stop touring after this year (LA is one of the last stops) but if you've never seen it then make sure you fit it somewhere into your life plan. As one who was unenlighted to the power and beauty of Les Miserables, trust me, you won't regret it.

1 comment:

B said...

I have been lucky enough to see it 3 times and will hopefully be sly enough to end up with tickets when it comes back here next year. I actually saw it for the first time on Broadway in New York....there isn't a grander way!

I have to agree that it is amazing! Although I still can't wait for you to see Wicked. It topped the charts for me over both Les Mis and Phantom which wasn't an easy task. Hold onto your hat the wind is about to blow toward the west! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails