Thursday, August 18, 2005

I Am a Common Man

Everybody needs a good love story once in awhile. I got mine tonight. There is something about Noah and Allie's love that just takes my breath away. It sounds SO cheezy but it is SO true. It literally takes my breath away. Oh, wait...maybe that's just Ryan Gosling's skill. Hee-hee! Just kidding. The book is so well written and the movie is incredible. I remember the first time I saw "The Notebook" in theaters. I was with my best friend, Chazlyn, and we were bawlin' our eyes out at the end. A lady came back to ask us if we were okay 'cause we were cryin' so much! Ah, the memories.
I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
I know it's fiction but there is something about seeing such powerful love that is so inspiring. I wonder. Noah and Allie were literally CRAZY about each other. Allie was all Noah thought about and vice-versa. How does that happen?! I can't even begin to understand it! But it doesn't make me love it any less. I want that same passion for life that they had for each other. And maybe someday I'll have that passion for another person. Heaven help us when that finally happens. Hee-hee!

2 comments:

American Girl said...

One of the greatest things about this story is that it isn't entirely fictional. It is based on a love story of a relative of the author. If you haven't had a chance to read this book I would highly recommend it. It is even better than the movie and the movie is fabulous! And there is even a continuation.

Unknown said...

Read it. Loved it. Sent it around. Watched the movie. Read it again. Still love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails